Hey Beautiful Lady,
Do you find yourself repeating life over and over again? We can have the best intentions about changing and still end up on the same broken path.
Have you seen the movie Ground Hog Day in which every day Bill Murray woke up was the same day he just left? Can you imagine waking up everyday to the same day?
Consider the process of the washing machine: wash, rinse then spin. How would you feel, if you put your clothes in the washing machine in the next step never occurred? Just imagine if your load of clothes kept spinning without stopping. So much potential for those clothes, but the clothes are stuck in a cycle. When we think of putting a load of clothes in the washer, we usually attach a timeframe it will be completed. It’s really disappointing when we don’t get a completed cycle. Would you keep using this washing machine if it kept getting stuck?
In the Bible, the children of Israel was in the wilderness wandering, murmuring and complaining . When you’re complaining and stuck, you don’t realize how much time passes. Forty years had passed for the Israelites!!!
Have you made some decisions to become a better person because you know the path you’re on is a dead end? Do you start off with the mindset, A New Year, A New Me, well what happen just a few months later?
Let’s do a check to see if you’re in a cycle:
- New friends, but you’re in the same drama
- Better paying job, but the bills are still past due
- Different guy, but he has the same characteristics as all the others
- You had a makeover, but you’re still feeling the same
- You declared a new you, but you have the same negative/doubtful attitude
- A new year, but it looks and feel like all the years prior
- Better situation, but you’re still complaining
The cycle starts and stops with you… It’s truly up to you. Changing your mind isn’t enough, but you must put action to your decision. However, it doesn’t stop there! We have to consciously make a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly decision to retrain our thinking and our actions. If we don’t consciously think and act, we will find ourselves repeating the Same cycle.
How do I get out of the cycle???
- Examine yourself, what needs to change or grow
- It’s ok to change for the better
- Do the necessary steps to change
- Stick with the change
- Get some help to change or improve
- Don’t talk about, be about it
- Be open for improvement
Everyday life as we know it changes, so be the change you want to see. Remember, just because you’ve always done it a certain way doesn’t make it right.
Be Bold, Be Kind and Be a Woman on the Move!!!
Please Comment and Share