Hey Beautiful Lady,
Do you find yourself repeating bad decisions, negative behaviors , non productive movements over again? We can have the best intentions about changing and still end up on the same broken path.
Have you seen the movie Ground Hog Day ? In the movie, Bill Murray woke up to the same day every day of his life?He made the best of it and worked it to his advantage. Can you imagine waking up everyday to the same day? Do you want to live or just exist?
Let’s talk about the Washing Machine.
Wash, rinse, spin-Complete !
How would you feel, if you put your clothes in the washing machine, but the next step never occurred? What if your load of clothes kept spinning without stopping? So much potential for those clothes, but the clothes are stuck in a cycle. So much potential, but you won’t or can’t move forward. So, are you stuck in a cycle of past failure, hurt, procrastination, an unhealthy mindset?
When we think of putting a load of clothes in the washer, we put an expectation on the washing machine .
What happens if you check the clothes and there still wet?
It’s really disappointing when we don’t get a completed cycle. Would you keep using this washing machine if it kept getting stuck? What will you do about it?
In the Bible, the children of Israel was in the wilderness wandering, murmuring and complaining . When you’re complaining and stuck, you don’t realize how much time passes. Forty years had passed for the Israelites!!!
Have you made some decisions to become a better person because you know the path you’re on is a dead end? Do you start off with the mindset, A New Year, A New Me, well what happen just a few months later?
Let’s do a check to see if you’re Stuck in a cycle:
- New friends, but you’re in the same drama
- Better paying job, but the bills are still past due
- Different guy, but he has the same characteristics as all the others
- You got the makeover, but you’re still feeling the same
- You declared a new you, but you have the same negative/doubtful attitude
- A new year, but it looks and feel like all the years prior
- Better situation, but you’re still complaining
The cycle starts and stops with you… It’s truly up to you. This is not just a slogan, but you Must change your mind. However, changing your mind isn’t enough!
You must be intentional about your decision. Intentions require your effort. We have to consciously make a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly decision to retrain our thinking and our actions. You Must consciously think and act different or you will repeat the Same cycle.
How do I get out of the cycle???
- Examine yourself, what can you do to change or grow
- It’s ok to change for the better
- Do the necessary steps to change
- Stick with the change
- Get some help to change or improve
- Don’t talk about, be about it
- Be open for improvement
- Surround yourself with wise counsel
Everyday life as we know it changes, so be the change you want to see. Remember, just because you’ve always done it a certain way doesn’t make it right.
Be Bold, Be Kind and Be a Woman on the Move!!!
Please Comment and Share